File Saving Issue

Having an issue where I am unable to save files. I can open them, edit them, but can not save them. The issue is regardless of where the file originates from. I can open from dropbox, but can not save back to dropbox or My documents.

I think it has something to do with a date issue. I have just created a new document, via my computer, and saved it to dropbox. When I open it from SmartOffice it says the file was created yesterday, yet I had only created it 5 mins earlier.

I have checked the iPad, date, time and time zone is in sync with the computer so I am at a loss as to why SmartOffice would see the file as created yesterday.

Can any body help please

Hi sigon2u,

Apologies that you’re having this problem, but thank you for posting it here.

I’ve asked one of our engineers to see if they can reproduce this issue and will let you know once I have more information.

Did you see this on the Smart Office 2 or Smart Office + application?

Thanks

Jogu

SmartOffice Plus. FYI, I have it installed on three ipad devices, and they are all having the same issue.

Sigon2u, I’ve just sent you an email - you should now have access to the beta build that has a fix for this issue. For anyone else reading, this should come to the app store once it’s gone through testing, towards the end of the month.

I have the same problem. I can´t save my documents in Dropbox, in deed, in my iPad, I can´t do it with it either.

Hi Javierac,

Sorry to hear this, I’m sure we can get this sorted out for you. Are you using SmartOffice2 or SmartOffice+?

Thanks

Jogu

I came here to find a solution for the same problem also. Do you have a date when the fix will be available and where I can get it. I have no use for the app if I cannot edit and then save a document. Other than this problem, the ease of use is great.

Hi cwoodside,

Sorry to hear you’re having the problem too. We are working on this and a few other problems currently, hopefully to get new releases out this month.

Are you see this in Smart Office 2 or Smart Office+?

Thanks

Joseph

I have smart office 2. At this point, if no fix is available and this app is of no use to me, how do I get a refund for my purchase? This is unfortunate as I really do like it…if only it worked correctly!

We believe we have this fixed, but we aren’t quite ready for release yet.

The various issues mentioned in this thread should be fixed in the v2.3.1 releases that are now available on the iOS App Store.

If you still see any problems, please let us know.