Unsupported document type

I linked my Smart Office 2 to my Google drive on my iPad. I opened an existing Google doc in Smart Office, edited it, saved it and now can’t open it. It appears in my “recent documents” in Smart Office but when I try to open it I get an “unsupported document type” error message. When I try to open it in Google docs, the file type is no longer recognizable and it won’t open. I have tried to download it from Google drive to my laptop and open it that way but that doesn’t work either. Any suggestions you have to help me get my document back?

It’s difficult to say what’s gone wrong.

First, check the file type. Is it an MS Word DOC or DOCX files stored on Google Drive, or a Google Drive document created on Google Drive? When viewing the list of available files from the SmartOffice “Explorer”, Word files will show up as a blue circle with a white W, or a white circle with a blue W and files in Google’s Document format will appear as a grey circle with a white question mark inside. SmartOffice should open all three file types.

Can you answer some questions:

• What iOS version is running on your device?
  • What version of SmartOffice do you have?
  • What app store did you use to acquire SmartOffice?
  • What is the full file name of the file that won’t open, including the extension (if it’s a Word document)?
  • Can you send a copy of the file to us via email? (I can supply an email address to you privately.)

If you can provide additional details, I can dig a little deeper.

Ron
SmartOffice Support

IThe file is a Google document format with a grey circle/white question mark.

What iOS version is running on your device? iOS 9.3.3
What version of SmartOffice do you have? Smart Office 2
What app store did you use to acquire SmartOffice? Apple iTunes app store
What is the full file name of the file that won’t open, including the extension (if it’s a Word document)? EDUO 9129 Assignment 1 Wagner
Can you send a copy of the file to us via email? (I can supply an email address to you privately.) I can send you a copy of the file if you provide me with the correct email address. Thank you!

I will send you an email momentarily. (It will be from @artifex.com)